Basically, the filter search bar at the top sometimes can take over the entire top section of the timeline (or mentions) section, and there is no apparent way of getting rid of it. Here are the steps to replicate:
- In Tweetbot, click on the timeline search icon at the top
- Don’t click into the field that pops up, but anywhere else, like on a message below
- The Search field text will center itself, but you won’t be able to make the field active
- This is where I get stuck. There is no obvious way to close out of the field.
Here’s the two ways I’ve gone about resetting the app, the first should be obvious:
- Restart Tweetbot
- Activate another account, then switch back to the original account
I’ve sent Tapbots a note about this, I’ll update the post if I hear anything from them.
10/11/16 Update: Tapbots got back to me with this: